JGL gave us a few tempting tweets last night, and later he confirmed that he signed on to PRODUCE the adaptation of Neil Gaiman's Sandman comic.
THERE ARE A LOT OF CAPITAL LETTERS NEEDED TO RESPOND TO THIS NEWS.
But I'll be internet-polite.
1. Preludes and Nocturnes? Really? L. and I agree that it is a poor choice. Perhaps the media res will work better on film but it took me THREE TRIES to get past that tread into the meat of the series.
2. IF JGL also ends up starring (as the internet refuses to let go of that possibility) L. and I also share mixed feelings. Because JGL is a crazy-diverse actor and he's good. He's very good. BUT ALSO, neither of us see him as Dream. Because...no?
3. If he's just a producer I am actually super-excited for him. He's been passionate about the film-making and creative processes for a while, he really thinks about this stuff and the man has connections in the biz. I feel like Warner Brothers wants to exclusive-contract him "Golden age of Hollywood" style. Bankroll his braaaaain.
4. SANDMAN MOVIE IS MOVING FORWARD. *flappy hands*
5. Please, please, please, please let it be good. It could be good. I think an HBO-style TV show might work best, but a movie has so much potential (and so much money) that this could be a really gorgeous opening into the Sandman world.
6. (They should make "24 Hours" into a mini-story similar to "The Deathly Hallows story" in Harry Potter. It would be horrible and beautiful.)
(This entry is also posted on Dreamwidth.org. Feel free to comment on either site. Although my dreamwidth background has space! Spaaaace!)